Friday, January 6, 2012

Needless to say.

Needless to say…

Last night’s wind carried a salty taste
and a curse.

I felt it while driving through packed streets
and it rained heavily on my windscreen
blurring my vision, making it difficult to see
the road ahead, teeming with people unknown

Each one separate from the other.
I pushed through the smog that crept up suddenly
and through the window it entered
taking the shape of a human being
or a ghost.

I took the long way back home
the darkened road a few miles from the sea
the waves and the coco trees…

Haunting waves were reaching up for the sky
which was dark.
Clearly a storm was coming

I wished, let a severe hurricane come
and blow it all away.
All the pain, all betrayals, all failures.

I wished to die
and the death of the world.

Nothing happened.
Again I calmly parked my car-rang the door bell-
Raghu opened the door-Scooby came running to greet me-
-as usual-

I was thinking of someone
and I didn’t pay attention to Scooby.
Raghu served my tea and went off without a word.

On my laptop I played a dull shooting game.
It did nothing to cure the curse.

Then I took dinner.
It did nothing to lift that salty taste form my tongue.

Then I started drinking and it was a perfect time
to die.

Now another stranger on your street
hears a dog howling…
Raghu cries, and hallucinates someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment