Saturday, May 22, 2010

Let Us Begin.....

Being a Snake

A snake bites, crawls, hides

In dark, like me,

Yet remains it for ever

Poisonous, venomous, a snake.


Here I am, in the

Midst of nothingness,

Flows beside a wasteful river

On an orb, on a globe, in nothingness.


I have been making

A God, an earth, a universe,

An idol with my muddy hands:

So long, so weird, so strange.


So easy-is it this easy

To know what’s pain?

Haven’t I loved you all:

My hurts, my flaws, my castrations?


I see you, drenched in tears,

I regret being a snake,

With an untrue, unwise hope

Of changing, of loving, of living.


ON THE BRAVE HEARTS

(Dedicated to my father)


An Agony

That you all went away.

Far away, the moon cries all night long,

Silently, all night long:

Desiring to hail you all again by moonlight,

Hail you all,

O glorious brave hearts!


Rest now,

In your abode made by God,

In your abode of stars

Hidden by magnificent clouds,

Though the earthly grounds

Will be ever waiting,

To hear the sounds of your footsteps.


Your swords still shine,

For you fought well the battle,

The battle of life.

And somewhere in your abode made by God,

Somewhere in the glittering stars;

Is my father-

Another brave heart.


Now you all be our guiding angels,

Show us the way,

Lead us to fight,

By your spirit

Give us light;

To endure, to learn

Teach us;

O glorious brave hearts!

2 comments:

  1. An inspiring poem.I like it's diction and technique.It is also pregnant wth rich figures of speech lyk metaphor,palilogia.The way u have bedecked d poem makes me feel dat u may be inspired by tagore. DWAIPAYAN

    ReplyDelete